Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Urban Decay Ocho Loco 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Set (Review and Swatches)

Urban Decay Ocho Loco 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Set

When Urban Decay released this limited edition Ocho Loco 24/7 eye pencil set last year, I was all crazy about it. ha ha seriously! But I told myself, no you already have enough eye pencils. So when Sephora sent out free $15 reward card with $50 purchase, I thought I'd use it on this eye pencil set since this was something I really really want, and I know I'll get tons of use out of this set! I'm really glad that I got it. It's such a great value: 8 full-sized eye pencils plus one sharpener, $162 worth of product for only $59 (used $15 reward card, I actually paid $44). Aside from the amazing price tag, the overall pigmentation and formula are really great.

Urban Decay Ocho Loco 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Set

Urban Decay Ocho Loco 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Set

Urban Decay Ocho Loco 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Set

Urban Decay Ocho Loco 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Set

Urban Decay Ocho Loco 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Set

Urban Decay Ocho Loco 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Set

Swatches on bare skin, no primer used.
Left to right: Stash, Junkie, LSD, Perversion, Psychedelic Sister, Rockstar, Hustle, Mushroom


swatches on bare skin (no primer)
Left to right: Stash, Junkie, LSD, Perversion


 Stash: olive-green with gold shimmer. So beautiful and very wearable, and very pigmented in just one stroke. 

Junkie: blueish teal with gold and teal sparkles. Color payoff was quite good, but not as good as Stash.

LSD: dark, blackened navy blue with blue sparkles. The color payoff is the worst out of these 8 pencils. I did need to layer it for desired opacity. 

Perversion: is a really, really, really deep and rich black. I don't think I have any pencils that's blacker than this one. It has a matte finish which I love. The pigmentation is greaaaatttt! Sooo black, Love it!

Swatches on bare skin (no primer)
Left to right: Psychedelic Sister, Rockstar, Hustle, Mushroom

Psychedelic Sister: It's a medium to deep purple with luminous sheen, no glitter. I have this shade in eye shadow form, so beautiful. The color payoff is great, too!

Rockstar: is a dark eggplant purple with luminous sheen, no glitter. The purple is so dark that looks almost like brown, and the pigmentation is great! 

Hustle: is a medium-dark warm metallic brown with bronze shimmer. 

Mushroom: is a grayish brown taupe with sheen. So so so beautiful. one of my favorite!

Urban Decay Grindhouse Sharpener

In addition to 8 full-sized eye pencils, they included a double barrel pencil sharpener which is great. Once side for regular eye/lip pencil, one side for jumbo sized pencils. But I found NYX pencil sharpener is almost exactly the same as the Ueban Decay one, and works as great! See below pictures for comparison.

Left: NYX pencil sharpener (Black)
Right: Urban Decay Grindhouse Sharpener (Purple) 

They all have the same shape, same blade, same design. The only difference is the price tag, really. I use it since it's included in the set, but I will buy the NYX one if I were to buy a new sharpener. (NYX one was $3.99 when I bought it, so cheap, but great quality!)

All in all, I really really enjoy using these eye pencils. Wonderful pigmentation, creamy, long-wear and waterproof! Although I'm more of a neutral person, Junkie and LSD didn't get much use, still, it's a great value for 8 full-sized pencils. My top picks: Stash, Perversion, Rockstar, Hustle, Mushroom. Love it! And I found these don't irritate my sensitive eyes, which is a great plus! 


What do you think of this eye pencil set? What are your favorite Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencil shades?


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...