Sunday, April 14, 2013

Rosebud Three Layers of Lavish Lip Balm (Original/Strawberry/Minted Rose)

Rosebud Perfume Co. Three Layers of Lavish Lip Balm

Just wanted to do a quick review on this Rosebud lip balm set I got a while back on drugstore.com during their 20% off sale. My HG lip balm definitely goes to Rosebud Salve original lip balm! (I have a review post here) I think I probably have gone though almost 10 of this?! yes,that's how much I love this lip balm! When I saw this set on drugstore.com, I thought I'll like it since I like the original very much! This set includes: the original Rosebud Salve lip balm, Strawberry Lip balm, Minted Rose Lip Balm.

These lip balms come with a tin container which I think is very nice and cute! You can use it to store your lip balms or other tiny things.


Rosebud Perfume Co. Three Layers of Lavish Lip Balm

Rosebud Perfume Co. Three Layers of Lavish Lip Balm
Left to right: Original, Strawberry, Minted Rose


Original Salve Lip Balm: very moisturizing and long lasting. It has a very light rose scent, but nothing over the top. The pink color is only shown in the tin. When applied, I considered this as "transparent" (aka: clear), it's not even "sheer". 

Strawberry Lip Balm: This didn't disappoint me! It was a very yummy strawberry scent like candy, yet not too overpowering. If you love sweet scented lip balm, you will love this! It has a thicker texture than the original and Minted Rose, which is good if your lips are extremely dry. I found that the thicker texture lip balm stay on my lips longer. Same as the Original Salve lip balm, the color only show when in the tin, it did not provide any color to your lips. Also, the strawberry scent stays for almost an hour, quite long. I like to use this during the day time as I prefer very little to no scent lip balm on my lips when I go to bed. 

Minted Rose Lip Balm: This reminds me of Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 in Natural Mint & Shea Butter which I also love for on the go during the day. The cooling sensation for this Minted Rose lip balm is not as intense/strong as the Jack Black one, but still nice enough. The cooling sensation stays on the lips for about 40 minutes or so and then disappear. This is also very moisturizing and give you very soft and supple lips. As for the color, it's clear to sheer depending on how thick you apply on your lips. If apply a thicker layer, it will give your lips some life back (if you have pale lips). I think this is perfect for warmer days or summer as it has the cooling feeling plus a very sheer color to the lips.



Rosebud Perfume Co. Three Layers of Lavish Lip Balm
swatches on paper.

Rosebud Perfume Co. Three Layers of Lavish Lip Balm
Ingredients

Rosebud Perfume Co. Three Layers of Lavish Lip Balm
Swatches on bare arm. Left to right: original, strawberry, minted rose.

Here are the swatches. As you can see here, original and strawberry are shown clear, while minted rose has a sheer pink when apply thicker. 

Overall I really love these lip balm, they work wonders and really inexpensive (I paid $12.80+tax for these three). I will definitely repurchase. Highly recommend!!!


Have you ever used Rosebud Lip Balm? What's your favorite?





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...