Saturday, May 5, 2012

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Sex Machine

Hello  Today I have a very gorgeous lip product to review. It's NARS Velvet Matte lip pencil in the shade Sex Machine. This is the lip pencil that I've been wanting for months, but I just couldn't adjust the price as it's retail for $24 on Sephora. (my Sephora haul here) But I'm sooo glad I finally got mine! To begin, I'm not a lip pencil/liner type of girl, but this one changed my perception about lip liners! It goes on very creamy and smooth and very long lasting! Sex Machine is a beautiful pink mauve shade that looks very natural and flattering. Also, this jumbo crayon design make the application much faster, I'd say it's a lipstick/lip pencil combo! The formula is wonderful, and the color is beautifully pigmented with a velvet matte finish.



front pkg, 0.08 oz / 2.4 g

back pkg, ingredients information (click on pic to view larger)




swatches on bare arm 
left:2-3 strokes
right: 1 stroke

from the swatches, there're some very tiny micro silver shimmer, but when applied on to the lips, it's pretty much invisible...

swatches on bare arm 
left:2-3 strokes
right: 1 stroke

swatches on bare arm 
left:2-3 strokes
right: 1 stroke

Even thought it's a non-drying formula, I felt it's a little bit dry if applying this alone without lip balm underneath, but I always apply lip balm so that's not a issue. I was very pleased with the overall quality and the color pay off, I can see myself use this all up! ^_^



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...