Thursday, May 24, 2012

Review: Clinique Moisture Surge Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator

Ever since this new intense formula released back in December last year, I've always wanted to try because I love the original formula very much. So a while back when there's a Clinique free gift with purchase event at Macy's, I jumped in and got mine.
What it is:
Rich, oil-free cream-gel instantly rehydrates. Skin stays comfortably plumped, even 24 hours after you put it on. Daily use helps fortify and repair skin's moisture barrier to keep moisture in, environmental irritants out. Better barrier, happier skin.

For Skin Type:
Skin Types: 1 - Very Dry to Dry, 2 - Dry Combination

How to Use:
For drier skins, or others dehydrated by air travel, parched climate, indoor heating/air conditioning, apply morning and night after your 3-Step regimen. Can also be applied as needed under sun protection/makeup. Avoid eye area.


Size: only available in 1.7 oz / 50 ml
(the original formula comes in both 1.7 oz and 2.5 oz/75 ml)

100% Fragrance Free

Clinique Moisture Surge Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator

Here is the comparison of the original and the intense
Left: original Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief (75 ml)
Right: Moisture Surge Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator (50 ml)

even though the intense version looks more like cream, it actually is very light weight, and feel almost like the gel version, but slightly heavier, which is great for drier skin.

swatches on bare arm
Left: original Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
Right: Moisture Surge Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator

slightly blended into skin
Left: original Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
Right: Moisture Surge Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator

What I Think: Even though I quite like the formula of the intense one, it has a very strong ingredient scent that I cannot stand. I told myself that maybe use it for more days then I'll get used to it, but no, I still couldn't stand the smell. It's so weird that both stated 100% fragrance free, but the newer version smells so different from the original. I love the original one, both the texture, smell (it's fragrance free, but you kinda smell something that's very light and calm) and the absorbency. The intense version is good if you have very dry or dry/sensitive skin, it's almost as good as the original, yet with a cream-like formula that will help drier skin more moisturized. I have dry and sensitive skin, and I didn't find this intense formula irritating. The only thing I can't stand is the smell...(it almost give you the feeling of unnatural chemical smell, but the sales at Clinique told me that it's just the ingredient smell). Anyways, I finally returned it after a week and exchanged for the original moisture surge. So I suggest if you're thinking about getting the intense version, try it at the counter and see if you like the smell. Otherwise, a great product for dry skin ladies out there!



Come see what else I post: Facebook  Twitter  Plurk 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...