Friday, December 9, 2011

Review: Josie Maran - Argan Oil Daily Moisturizer with SPF 40+

I finally found something to replace my Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion SPF 30 that I've used for about 3 months... It's the Argan oil daily moisturizer with SPF 40 from Josie Maran. I have been using this sunscreen for a full month now and I love it! 

This sunscreen has Josie Maran's signature ingredient, Argan Oil. Argan oil is produced from the argan tree in the semi deserts of Morocco. This oil is rich in vitamin E & essential fatty acids, which have anti-aging properties. This organic ingredients is known to help and prevent dehydration, inflammation, hyper pigmentation, and sebum production (sephora.com). So when I got this, I was really excited and hope it can help my dry and hyper pigmentation issues.

Josie Maran - Argan Oil Daily Moisturizer with SPF 40+
2 fl. oz./60ml $32.00

Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion SPF 30

I always felt this is just alright, it did not break me out, fragrance free 
and great for "sensitive skin". But I felt this is just not enough protection 
for my face as it's only SPF 30 and is not moisturizing enough. Before that 
I also tried Bobbi Brown's "Brightening SPF 50 Protective Face Base" 
which was totally a disappointment. So when I found Josie Maran Argan 
Oil Daily Moisturizer SPF 40, I was glad I gave it a try. It did not break 
me out or clog my pores. It's all natural with organic ingredients and is 
formulated without Parabens, Sulfates, Synthetic Fragrances, Synthetic Dyes, Petrochemicals, Phthalates, GMOs, and Triclosan (sephora.com)

this is what the packaging box looks like
I got mine at Sephora during friends & family, my haul here


How to Use: Apply daily 15-30 minutes before sun exposure.
Reapply after extended sun exposure. May be used everyday
or year-around. Safe for all ages. Shake well before use.

Most of the time I go out with makeup so apply sunscreen 15-30 
minutes before sun exposure is never an issue for me. I found that 
writing reviews sometimes help me learning about products better 
as I pay more attention to the descriptions :)


Argan Oil Infused. A superior source of antioxidents, vitamin E and 
essential fatty acids, Argan Oil nourishes and protects skin and hair 
and keeps them functioning at their optimal levels. 


the packaging comes in a glass bottle with a pump dispenser and a clear cap
I usually use 1 pump for the whole face, and another half pump or so for 
areas that tend to expose more to the sun or areas that have 
hyper pigmentation for extra protection^^ 

white cream/moisturizer type sunscreen 

slightly blended into skin. the texture is pretty lightweight. it's very 
gentle for my sensitive skin. It has a natural but light scent 
without the typical sunscreen smell. It's also very moisturizing which
I like a lot (compared to Eucerin's SPF 30 that doesn't do the job that well).

It might "feel" a little bit greasy and "white cast" at first, but it absorbs 
fairly quickly after blending into the skin. Once blended, it actually 
give your skin a bit of the healthy grow.

This is my first Josie Maran product and I'm very pleased with its 
overall performance. I really like this and will continue to use. 
For 2 fl. oz./60 ml with a price tag of $32 I think it's alright considering 
better ingredients used in this bottle. I also like L'occitane's 
"Immortelle Very Precious Fluid SPF 40", but this is not cheap,  
only 1 fl. oz /30ml for $54 so I guess Josie Maran's Argan oil daily 
moisturizer SPF 40 is a great and even better alternative ^_^

blended completely into skin



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...