Happy Friday ♥ Today I'm going to show you how to easily create the flame nail art. This flame nail art is inspired by the movie The Hunger Games (that's coming out this week!) Katniss Everdeen's nail. In The Hunger Games book, Katniss gets the flame nail art painted before her interview at the Capitol, and she continues to wear the nail art during the Hunger Games.
China Glaze has released The Hunger Games collections of 12 nail polish shades. If you're a big fan of the Hunger Games then you might want to check out the nail polish collection inspired by the movie.
And here are the products I used (L to R):
essie protein base coat
Sinful Colors Black on Black
Sinful Colors Courtney Orange
Sinful Colors All About You
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Dotting tools (#1 & #2)
1) First, prime all nails with base coat to protect your nails from staining.
2) Paint nails black except thumb nail and ring finger nail, here I used Sinful Colors Black on Black. And paint the rest with orange nail polish, I used Sinful Colors Courtney Orange. Wait for all nails to dry especially the orange ones (so it's easier to draw later on).
3) On orange nails, use dotting tool #2 to draw a flame frame, #1 (smallest one) to draw or correct precise areas, and then fill in black.
(Notes: don't worry if you didn't get the flame frame you desired, use Qtip to dab some nail polish remover to remove and start from the beginning, I tried 2-3 times just to get the shades I like, practice makes perfect^^)
4) Use dotting tool to dab glitter nail polish inside the orange, I used Sinful Colors Courtney Orange, it has a combination of gold, yellow and red glitters, which is very similar to China Glaze's Electrify, only with smaller/finer glitters and less $$ ha ha...
5) Take some time to wait for the nail polish (especially glitter ones) to dry and then apply top coat to add shine and seal the designs and you're done!!!
I really like this flame nail art, it's not too exaggerated (you can also choose to paint all nails with the flame nail art) yet it's very nice and sparkle to look at this movie themed nails. Would you wear it??