Hello ♥ Today I'd like to show you step by step how to create this super cute baby chick nail art for the upcoming Easter!
essie base coat
Sally Hansen Xtreme wear in 360 Mellow Yellow
Sinful Colors in Snow Me White
Sinful Colors in Black on Black
Sinful Colors in Courtney Orange
Seche Vite dry fast top coat
some different sizes of dotting tools
1) Apply thin layer of base coat on all nails to protect your natural nails from staining and wait until dry. I used essie protein base coat.
2) Paint all your nails yellow. Here I used Sally Hansen Xtreme wear in 360 Mellow Yellow, 3 coats. And wait until dry or almost dry (this will help better drawing application in later steps).
3) Drop a pea size of white nail polish on a piece of paper. I used Sinful Colors in Snow Me White. Use a smaller size dotting tool to draw spiky egg crackles. Use upward motion for each stroke will create pointed spikes. (you can see video here)
4) Once the spiky egg crackles are done, finish the egg by using bigger size dotting tool to fill the egg white area.
5) Use dotting tool dabbing with black nail polish to draw baby chick's oval shape eyes. Here I used Sinful Colors in Black on Black.
6) Use a smaller dotting tool with white nail polish to draw dots inside black eyes to complete the eyes. I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White.
7) Use the pointed smallest dotting tool dabbing with orange nail polish, and draw a reverse triangle for baby chick's mouth. Here I used Sinful Colors in Courtney Orange.
8) Apply your favorite top coat. I used Seche Vite fast dry top coat. This step will help smoothing out the designs, adding shine to your nails and protecting your nail polish from chipping, etc.! ... and that's it, you're finished with this cute baby chick nails ♥!
Here's the complete look ^_^