Monday, October 8, 2012

Urban Decay Naked2 Palette (Swatches and Review)


I don't know why I've never post anything about my beloved Naked2 palette. I got it from Sephora in April this year during their 15% off sale event (my haul here) and have been using it mostly on a everyday basis! I love this palette and it's been my go-to everyday neutral palette since then. So here we go...


It comes with 12 full sized (1.5g / 0.05 US oz.) eyeshadows, one double-ended brush (shadow/crease), and a mini lip junkie lipgloss. This palette is wonderful for creating neutral everyday looks, but can also be used for more dramatic smoky eye looks. 


Here are the swatches on my bare arm (no primer used). The overall pigmentation and color payoff are fabulous. From left to right: Foxy, Half Baked, Bootycall, Chopper, Tease, Snake Bite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted, Blackout. 


And the close-up of each shade, how I use and my thoughts.

Foxy: cream bisque with matte finish. It has a slight powdery, yet smooth texture. I like to use this for browbone highlight or sometimes tone down my eyeshadows. 

Half Baked: Golden-bronze with shimmering finish. It's very frosty and pigmented and has a smooth texture. I like to mix this shade with other cooler tones as I felt it's too warm for my liking and complexions. 

Bootycall: Shimmering light peachy pink cork with a light frosted finish, not as frosted as Half Baked. I love this shade! It's so pretty! I like to use this for inner corner of my eyes as well as allover eyelids.

Chopper: Orange toned copper shimmer with coppery micro-glitters. Beautiful shade with great pigment, but I like to mix this with other cooler tones or use the tiniest amount of the shade as it's a warmer tone. 

Tease: pale mauve-brown almost like mushroom taupe with matte finish. It's one of my favorite shades in this palette for everyday neutral eye makeup looks. I found the pigmentation for Tease is not as great as other shades in the palette, I do need to sweep a couple more times for the color to show.

Snake Bite: Dark bronze shimmer with dark golden shimmers. Love this shade! It's so gorgeous. The texture is very smooth and the pigment is great, very easy to work with! It's one of my favorites and most-used in the palette.


Suspect: Pale golden beige with shimmering finish. The pigment is great, but not as intense as snakebite for example. This shade is gorgeous, too! My favorite way to use this is to pair with Snakebite or YDK. It's also a great allover lids shade!

Pistol: beautiful grayish brown (almost like gunmetal gray, but with brown in it) with shimmering finish and great pigment. Work beautifully with Verve.

Verve: gorgeous cool toned beige-gray oyster shade with a hint of pink, shimmering finish. 

YDK: Coppery-bronze shimmer with metallic (micro-glitter) frosted finish. Love YDK! So pretty! The pigment is great with a smooth texture. Work great with a lot of shades in the palette, for example, Tease, Snakebite, Suspect. 

Busted: Deep brown with satin finish. Very pigmented, great to use as liners or crease shade. 

Blackout: Blackest black with matte finish. Very black and intense pigment, great to use as liners or eyeliner setting. 

The palette also comes with a mini Lip Junkie lipgloss (0.11 oz.) in the shade "Naked", a neutral pink shade. The color is pretty, but I rarely use it simply because it's sticky to my liking. (compared to NYX mega shine lipgloss)

I personally don't own the original Naked palette, but I do enjoy and love my Naked2 as there are more cool toned shades in this palette than the original. For me, cool-toned neutrals are more wearable and flattering than warm-toned neutrals. Packaging is nice and sturdy and easy to clean.  

So what do you think? Do you own the original Naked palette or Naked2? 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...