Thursday, October 4, 2012

butter London Yummy Mummy

This is my second time wearing this polish and I have to say I really love it! butter London Yummy Mummy is a beautiful light to medium soft taupe with very subtle shimmers. It's a very pretty neutral nude shade, definitely not boring, yet very sophisticated and elegant. On butter London's website, it was described as a 'magic' lacquer, a medium beige nail lacquer that is simply stunning on every skin colour. 

While I was deciding between Yummy Mummy and All Hail the Queen, my mind was set for Yummy Mummy as soon as I swatched the testers on my nails. I also love All Hail the Queen, but it just didn't look right on my Asian skin tone (medium to fair but on the fair side with yellow undertone). All Hail the Queen made my skin look dirty and not flattering, but Yummy Mummy. Plus, I really like the name Yummy Mummy, so cute! 

As for the formulation, I'd say the consistency was a tad bit thicker to my liking. Also, it didn't "self-level" that much, so it's better to work fast with this particular nail lacquer. Pigmentation was pretty good, a bit sheer on the first coat, but opaque in second and the drying time was quite pleasant. Aside from the expensive price tag ($14.00, though I got it during ULTA's Buy One Get One FREE sale), I was very pleased with the overall quality of Yummy Mummy. 

What do you think of this shade? Would you wear it? Did you get any butter London nail lacquer during ULTA's sale event? Comment below, I'd love to know. Thank you for checking it out. Have a wonderful Thursday evening.


1 comment:

  1. So lovely! *sigh* Glad it wasn't terribly difficult to work with.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...