Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Review: Sinful Colors Professional Nail Enamel - Flirting Nails

Hello everyone. Today I'd like to share my thoughts about 'Flirting Nails' nail polish  from Sinful Colors I got the other day at Rite Aid (my haul here). This is my very first Sinful Colors nail polish. I was drawn by the quality of the bottle/packaging as well as their diverse fun shades, I thought I might give it a try since it's also reasonably priced (regular price only $1.99, I'm sure there'll be sales sometime^^). As always, I was so interested in the neutral shades so I picked this one, Flirting Nails, with no expectation. Surprisingly, I loved this shade a lot that I kept them on for almost 5 days.


Flirting Nails is a very pretty light taupe, copper/gold type of nude shade with very fine shimmers in it. It's just a gorgeous and interesting nude/neutral shade that made me want to look at my nails all the time. Neutral/nude shade nail polishes might sound boring, but this nude shade is slightly darker for my skin tone as I have medium to fair with a bit of yellow undertone. Therefore this lovely shade adds that extra fun to my nails as it shows up more), yet keep the nails simple, clean and chic^^

Bottle packaging was nicely made (considering it's a drugstore brand),  glass bottle was similar to China Glaze bottle, with matte finish black cap similar to OPI's, nice quality.

on the top of the black cap, there's "S.C" (Sinful Colors) molded on to the cap

bottom of this nail polish has a sticker with the name of the shade

Sinful Colors nail polishes are also toluene, formaldehyde & DBP FREE

The nail polish brush that comes with the bottle wasn't anything special, pretty standard, not too narrow or too wide. It made the application quite easy and smooth to apply, not streaky at all.

If carefully, 1 coat should give a almost opaque finish (aka not see-through), but I went for 2 coats just to see if there's any differences. 2 coats just intensified the color. (1 coat should be good if you're in a lazy mood or are in a rush trying to get the nails done^^)

Finished with a top coat, here I used SV, Seche Vite Dry fast top coat. And it kept my nails super shine, long lasting and chip-free for almost 5 days when I wanted to change my nail color, with very minimum wear-off on the tips. 

When I first got this Sinful Color Flirting Nails, I thought it might be something similar to Rimmel Gold Silk, but it's actually quite different! Rimmel Gold Silk is lighter with a pink undertone, whereas Flirting Nails is darker, light taupe type of neutral gold without the pink undertone. see below for close up picture and swatch for comparisons. 


See they're quite different, but I love both shades.

and.....here are pictures of me at the dinner ha ha ha
see my nails ♥ ♥ 


Would you wear it? Have you tried/owned any of Sinful Colors nail polishes? What's your favorite and what would you recommend? Please comment below as I would love to know. Thanks for reading. ^-^ 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...