Sunday, February 26, 2012

Review: Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio - 381B Sweet As Candy

Hi ♥ Hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing weekend. A while back I took advantage of Wet n Wild 40% off all cosmetics sale, I wanted to review the Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio in  Sweet As Candy that I got around using. With the high expectation from using their eyeshadow trio in Silent Treatment, this Sweet As Candy trio looked quite promising when I picked it up at the store. 


I thought they might be perfect to work with for spring/summer as the shades in this eyeshadow trio are soft and lovely like ice cream. Each color even stamped with the part where it should go. 

And the back of this trio has some basic instructions on how to create a look using these colors...

Coordinating trio shades take the guesswork out of creating the perfect eye look.
- Beautifully enhances any eye color
- All-day crease resistant color

This eyeshadow trio comes with a sponge applicator and a small brush

♥ BROW BONE 
White with shimmers to it, great to use for brow bone areas, inner corner of the eyes.

♥ CREASE 
Soft and light brown with shimmers, as directed, this brown is great to use for crease, definitely a very neutral brown that I think can be used as a eyelid shade.

♥ EYELID ♥ 
Light pink with shimmers, eyelid color, it can also be used on brow bone. 

♥ Swatches on bare arm 
♥ Swatches on bare arm 

When swatched on my bare arm (please see above 2 pictures), these 3 shades didn't have the pigmentation that I expected (I expected them to have the color pigmentation like the trio Silent Treatment). The swatches above were at least 3 layers and they're still very sheer! Brow Bone (white) was the only shade that has more color pigmentation, but I wish this is a matte white instead of the shimmery white as I don't really like all three shades to be so shiny on the eyes :( The chocolate brown crease shade was so sheer that can barely be used to add the depth to the outer v of the eyes.  The pink eyelid shade was also very sheer. When swatched, this was not the color I was expecting. I wish it's more matte or at least not as shimmery and especially "frosty". And below are swatches underneath eyelid primer...

♥ Swatches with eyelid primer underneath
♥ Swatches with eyelid primer underneath 

When swatched with eyelid primer underneath (please see above 2 pictures), the color pigmentation were better than on bare arm, but still needed to layer them up to yield the pigmentation shown here. 

When I tried these colors on my eyes, the pink eyelid shade was just way too sheer and very frosty, the pink tone also made an unwell look on the face. Application of these shadows were so-so, they're not as smooth and creamy as my Silent Treatment trio. I love neutral shades and I usually don't go for heavy/dark eye makeups, but these didn't even meet my expectation :( Also, I love sparkle and shimmer eyeshadows (currently love Sephora Moonshadow Baked Palette), but these were just way way too frosted. :( They might work for everyday, but not all these 3 shades at the same time, at least not for me, and if you can't or don't like frosted eyeshadows, skip this one. I couldn't find myself reaching for any of the shades from the Sweet As Candy trio in the future so sadly I returned this product :( I hope this helps if you're looking for this trio... 
♥ Thanks for reading ^-^ 


2 comments:

  1. It would be even more helpful if you can post how you wear them on your eye and how it looks when you are finished. (Just the pic of 1 eye is enough fine)

    I love eye shadow palette and I'm just curious about how people wear these kind of color palette. =) Thanks for posting, the color looks lovely.

    http://gracienotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am contemplating whether to buy Sweet as Candy or Walking on Eggshells. Advice please? I like a natural make-up look. Thank you so much. :)

    http:\\noryannecarpio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...